This page is part of © FOTW Flags Of The World website

Rusovce (Slovakia)

Bratislava V okres, Bratislava region

Last modified: 2013-11-25 by andrew weeks
Keywords: rusovce |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors

See also:

Rusovce flag

[flag of Rusovce] by Gunnar Staack, repalletted by Phil Nelson, 31 May 2000

Here is Chateau Rusovce: The chateau was built in the 19th century in English gothic style, amid a natural park. Remains of a renaissance church from the 17th century were discovered in the park. The community is famous as an archaeological site, and findings include the remains of an early Bronze Age settlement, the Roman military camp of Gerulta, a Slav-Avar burial ground and a Great Moravian community. (Info from this site). Croatian name: Rosvar.
Jarig Bakker, 6 Jan 2001.

Rusovce (Hungarian: Oroszvár, German: Karlburg, Croatian: Rosvar) has 1.756 inhabitants (25,8% Hungarian; 1990 census). The settlement  was a German-Hungarian (70%-24%) village in Rajka district of Moson (German: Wieselburg) county of Hungary till 1947. Rusovce is one of the three settlements annexed to Czechoslovakia in 1947: Horvátjárfalu =  Bratislava - Jarovce, Oroszvár = Bratislava-Rusovce and Dunacsúny = Bratislava-Čunovo. Parts of Moson County to Győr County in 1925. Oroszvár was part of Győr-Moson-Pozsony county 1925-1945. 1945-1947 the settlement was in Győr-Moson County in Hungary.
István Molnár, 13 Jan 2001

Rusovce Coat of Arms

[Rusovce Coat of Arms] image from this site, reported by Jarig Bakker, 6 Jan 2001